Minimally invasive, biocompatible and atraumatic. Designed to guarantee safe and effective calibration for surgical treatment.
Obesity presents a significant health risk and impacts the quality of a patient’s life. As a minimally invasive, biocompatible and atraumatic medical tool, the Heliosond guarantees safe and effective calibration for the surgical treatment for obesity.
Surgery, easier and safer
With a diameter of 39Fr the device is positioned in less than 5 minutes. Most often the procedure is performed by the surgeon or anesthesiologist (no endoscopy performed).
Safety and comfort
- 100% Silicon for guaranteed flexibility and easy introduction and natural placement in the stomach.
- Low-pressure inflatable balloon.
- Allows easy suction of gastric fluids.
Adapted shape of a balloon
- Eccentric balloon aligned with centimetric scale for easy position control within the stomach.
- Can be inflated up to 40ml by air or saline suitable for all calibration types.
The HELIOSOND® Silicon gastric tube is a disposable, sterile device, with a diameter of 13mm of 39Fr. It is used in obesity surgery to perform gastroplasty.
It has a flexible Silicon tube, 735mm long, terminating in a conical tip to facilitate ease of introduction and a balloon that can be inflated up to 40ml with air or physiological saline: Asymmetrical probe: Heliosond® HSG.